Luca Fossum, the Professional
Luca Fossum offers author and business services, specialising in proofreading, critiquing, writing and virtual assistance services.
Accredited training and qualifications
- AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping (Distinction, 2020)
- Basic Proofreading, Publishing Training Centre (high Merit, 2019)
- MA Publishing, University of Derby (Distinction, 2018)
- BA Creative Writing, University of Derby (First-class hons, 2017)
- Office Clerk training course, RQF level 3, Niels Brock Copenhagen Business College (ECTS AAB, 2010)
- Business Economics
- Sales and Service
Related work experience (non-freelance)
- 5+ years in admin, customer service and marketing for a small online retailer (2009–2014)
- Internship in admin and marketing for a creative micro-business (2019–2020)
- Library Volunteer with Community Managed Libraries (2019–present)
- Office/Admin Volunteer with Derbyshire Wildlife Trust (2019–present)
Luca Fossum, the Person
- I adore badgers, squirrels and Scotties
- I grew up in Denmark and moved to the UK in 2014 when I was 25
- I’m a Questioner and an ISTJ/ISFJ
- I am a Huffleclaw, but would choose Hufflepuff if push came to shove
- I’m trans (he/him), bi and ace
- I met my fiancée on FanFiction.net in 2012. Thanks, Glee!
- I still play The Sims 3. I play according to a complex set of self-imposed rules and use a massive spreadsheet for organisation
- Apart from English and Danish, I’ve studied German, Spanish and Finnish formally – but don’t speak any of them today. I’ve also learnt some Japanese and Welsh thanks to Duolingo, but I haven’t managed to maintain it. One day I’ll go back!
- I’m left-handed, and spiral-bound notebooks are my nemeses
- I have two brothers, 7 and 12 years older than me
- Having found that I actually enjoy the financial admin side of self-employment, I’m now studying for AAT bookkeeping qualifications, so that I can eventually offer it as a service
- I consider myself a pagan, though I’ve long struggled to figure out exactly where I belong and to commit to a regular practice. Currently looking into Druidry, though, which is feeling good.