I am a sole trader operating as Luca Fossum. I offer editorial, writing and admin services to authors and businesses.
This policy describes how I protect and make use of the information that you give me via this website. If you are asked to provide information, it will only be used in ways stated in this policy.
Why do I collect data from you?
I gather and use certain information about you to:
- respond to your requests for information
- provide quotes for projects
- allow me to contact you during a project
- better understand how visitors use this website
What information do I collect?
The following is the minimal information that I will collect from you:
- email address
- information regarding your enquiry/request for a quote
I also keep copies of files received or created in relation to work you hire me to carry out: e.g. your book manuscript (original and marked up), my feedback report and finished blog posts.
How do I use this data?
The data that I collect is used as follows:
- For my internal accounting processes and so that I am compliant with my tax authority (HMRC) if it requests an audit.
- To contact you in response to your enquiry or quote.
- To record your agreement to the terms and conditions of my editorial services.
I will never use this data for marketing or promotion purposes without receiving your explicit permission in writing first, or unless you have signed up for notifications.
A cookie is a tiny piece of data stored on your computer by a web browser. It allows my website to remember you when you return to the site and view different pages.
- Google Analytics
I do not gain access to your computer or any files by using cookies. I also do not gain access to any information that you choose not to share with me.
- To read Google’s privacy statement, and how after 25 May you can request that I remove your information from my analytics data, see Google’s data privacy policies and approach and its data processing terms.
How do I collect your personal data?
I collect and store minimal information via the following forms:
- Email (via Ionos)
I will never lease, distribute or sell your information to third parties unless you give me written permission to do so, or I am required to do so by law.
You can ask me to remove your data at any time. If you have any questions or requests for modification or removal of your data, you are welcome to email me at email@example.com.
How do I store your personal data?
The minimal information I collect is stored on the following data servers:
- OneDrive. This is my cloud-based file management system accessed via my password-protected computer.
How long do I keep your data for?
Because many of my customers and clients work with me more than once, I do not delete data unless specifically requested to do so.
- HMRC requires me to keep records for ‘at least 5 years after the 31 January submission deadline of the relevant tax year’. See ‘How long to keep your records’.
- Please ask if you want me to delete or amend your records. As long as I’m complying with HMRC’s legal requirements, I’ll action your request immediately.
No one, unless you request that I do so in writing, or HMRC elects to audit my business.